Kids Kite Course
The child’s fascination with flying and dragons can now become a reality! The work method and extent of the course is adapted for children. Our priorities are safety, and learning through fun games. The Kids Kite Course is not just a stepping stone to the world of kiteboarding, but a real adventure for your kid!
For whom is the course intended?
The Kids Kite Course is designed for children between 9 and 12 years of age, and weight more than 30kg.
The Kids Kite Course is spread over 4 days and includes 8 hours of learning. Children are under the supervision of the instructor at all times.
What else is included?
All the equipment for a period of one week is included in the Kids Kite Course: kite, board, harness, life jacket and helmet.
What is not included?
Who will be my child’s instructor?
From 2 to 3 kids per instructor, depending on the weather conditions at the chosen location. The learning approach is individual.
Where can my child do the course?
What will my child learn at the course
- History and development of kiteboarding
- Getting to know kite equipment
- The basics of weather, wind and wind forecasts
- Safety and the rules
- Practical advise where, how, and when.
- Learning about location, wind direction, wind hazards, other hazards
- Learning about the equipment and kite preparation
- Safety systems and practical rules
- Handling the training kite
- Controlling the training kite
- Advanced exercises with the kite bar
- Raising the kite and entering the water
- Guiding and controlling the kite on the edge of a wind-window
- Activating safety systems and picking up the kite from the water
- Body drag with the wind up-wind and with the board
- Preparations for the water start
- Water start
- Driving both ways
- Controlled stop
- The right use of the “passing each other” rules
- Controlling the speed with the edge of the board
- Driving up-wind
- Choosing the right equipment (kite and board size)
Is the Kids Kite Course not right for your child?
Have a go at one of the other kite courses: