Beginners Kite Course
Dive into the world of kiteboarding safely and effectively. Let the Beginners Kite Course be your first step into the world of kiteboarding.
Read 10 reasons why you should learn to kite.
For whom is the course intended?
Th Beginners Kite Course is intended for those who want to get to know the real dimension of kiteboarding and taste the freedom of gliding on the water. In one week you will transform from a complete beginner to a real kiter.
The course is also suitable for kids above the age of 12.
The initial kite training course is scheduled for 5 days and includes 12 hours of learning. After completing the course, the school equipment is available for use until the end of the week.
What else is included?
All the equipment for a period of one week is included in the initial kite training course: kite, board, harness, life jacket and helmet.
What is not included?
Traveling for 14 days
Who will be my instructor?
From 2 to 3 students per instructor, depending on the weather conditions at the chosen location.
Where can I do the course?
What will we learn at the course?
- History and development of kiteboarding
- Getting to know kite equipment
- The basics of weather, wind and wind-forecasts
- Safety and the rules
- Practical advise on where, how and when.
- Learning about location, wind direction, wind hazards, other hazards
- Learning about the equipment and kite preparation
- Safety systems and practical rules
- Handling the training kite
- Controlling the training kite
- Advanced exercises with the kite bar
- Raising the kite and entering the water
- Guiding and controlling the kite on the edge of a wind-window
- Activating safety systems and picking up the kite from the water
- Body drag with the wind up-wind and with the board
- Preparations for the water start
- Water start
- Driving both ways
- Controlled stop
- The right use of the “passing each other” rules
- Controlling the speed with the edge of the board
- Driving up-wind
- Choosing the right equipment (kite and board size)
Is the Beginners Kite Course not right for you?
Have a go at one of the other kite courses: